as part of the researching engineering and development engineering team, responsible for new products development and ongoing support of our electronic and electromechanical products
applies engineering principles to analysis for solution of technical issues related to the design and manufacture of electronic and electromechanical products
looks for opportunities to reduce bom and labor cost of existing products.
applies state of the art knowledge of industrial sensor design methods and practices to assure high quality, low cost solutions (dfss& design for manufacturing & quality)
• deliver hardware designs on time to project schedules that meet customer requirements
• collaborate with other engineering functions, product management, suppliers, plant personnel and other stakeholders to develop and implement low cost design solutions, methods, and product improvements.
• perform complex design analysis
• implement engineering changes
• manage and approve component specifications and engineering drawings and release parts and subsystems for production
• define system requirements
• solve engineering related problems
• plan and implement product development and test programs
• communicate information to and from internal and external customers
• coordinate and consult with departments outside engineering
• stay abreast of new technology and competitive products
• travel as required (domestic& oversea)
• master degree in electrical engineering, phd in electrical engineering is a plus.
• 6 years’ experience in a design engineering role.
• high level of interest and a strong understanding of system level design / integration, with experience in analog, digital and rf product design, development, validation and document release.
• knowledge of and experience in designing products to ul/csa/ce standards
• working knowledge of npi phase gate and engineering change management processes
• experience with pulsonix or other industry standard e cad software
• high level of analytical troubleshooting and problem solving ability where problems are unusual and difficult
• good knowledge of electronics manufacturing methods
• proficient in the use of multisim or equivalent
• excellent oral and written english communication skills
• dfss certification is a plus.
•sensor developing skill is a plus